In recent times, there’s been an increase in people who view web pages as a lucrative business. Nevertheless, many concepts have as much potential as eCommerce platforms that are still untapped.
Once you’ve settled on a business idea, you can start earning cash online. But first, you’ll have to create a webpage.
We’ve put together a catalog of inspiring traditional and non-traditional website concepts for beginners in this post.
What You Require To Put Website Ideas In Motion
It’s a common misconception that you have to be tech-savvy to create a website. This was probably the case in the 90s — nowadays, you don’t need any special skills to design a website.
Here’s what you require to build a website:
- A domain name: This will be your site’s address on the internet— for instance, webideas.com.
- Web hosting account: This will be your site’s home and where you’ll store all your site files.
- A website builder: The best website builder in the market is WordPress which gives more freedom and control as you build your website.
The best hosting provider is Bluehost—WordPress even officially recommends it.
The platform offers WPBeginner clients a 60% discount on hosting and a free SSL certificate and domain name. You can build a website for $2.75 a month.
What Are The Advantages Of Having Your Website?
First off, you need to understand what your website needs to do before going through the website concepts listed in this post. But, before that, let’s look at some of the benefits of owning a website:
- All-time access to your business: You can access your business anytime you wish, you don’t have limited working hours, and once you’re up and running, you’ll always be available for public use.
- Low investment, high returns: Setting up a website requires no workforce, and you can also reduce various operating costs.
- Monetizable: Once you’re able to attract high traffic to your site, there are many ways you can monetize it, whether it’s by running Google ads or affiliate marketing.
- Audience engagement: A website enables you to communicate directly with your audience and create a community that eventually helps foster trust.
- Broader audience base: Once you launch your website, it’s accessible to millions of people worldwide. Consequently, it offers you a chance to get exposure to a wider audience and increases your audience base.
- Provide user behavior: With analytical tools, you can assess user behavior and develop a marketing strategy for marketing campaigns.
That said, let’s go through some of the lucrative website concepts that you can turn into a business:
Profitable Website Ideas For Beginners
1. Online Job Board
Creating a job board website is among the most lucrative ideas. Online job boards generate high traffic volume as employers and workers globally search for people to hire and job opportunities.
You can earn from this website by renting space for enterprises to promote their job listings and selling membership to job seekers. Add forums, company reviews, and job search features to increase your site’s value.
Some well-established job board websites include AngelList, Indeed, and Glassdoor.
2. Podcast Website
If you aren’t into writing blog posts, try setting up a podcast. Record yourself talking about topics that interest you or reviewing products or services, and then publish the files in an episode.
This website concept has a lot of monetization potential, including affiliate marketing and sponsorships. It also makes excellent content for a membership site.
There are various WordPress plugin options and themes available with varying costs. Alternatively, you can subscribe to podcast hosting sites such as Castos or Buzzsprout for more detailed publishing and analytics processes.
Some of the factors to consider when starting a podcast include:
- Quality tools: Your microcomputer’s microphone can help you get started, but you have to upgrade later to better recording tools; these tools will help you produce excellent recordings with excellent sound quality—it’s worth investing in audio equipment like studio headphones and an audio interface.
- Consistency: You should have a broadcasting schedule so that listeners know when to tune in—ensure that you record podcasts on time and be consistent.
3. Dropshipping Site
Dropshipping is among the leading website money-making concepts for individuals who aren’t interested in dealing with shipping and inventory management. Instead, build a site to advertise products, and your dropshipping associate will handle the fulfillment.
If you find this money-making concept interesting, consider creating a dropshipping site in WordPress with WooCommerce. This scalable open-source plugin provides paid and free extensions to increase your site’s functionality.
Despite making less income than conventional online stores, a dropshipping site requires low investment.
Before you create a dropshipping website, you have to consider the following:
- Partner with dependable drop-shipping partners—their work ethics will reflect your business.
- Sell popular items—be on the lookout for a surge in trending products associated with your niche.
4. Portfolio Site
Putting together visual work requires loads of effort and time. Creating a portfolio site will eliminate all these problems and provide you with access to many job opportunities. Furthermore, modifying a portfolio website design is pretty simple.
Many website builders provide the tools required to build a digital portfolio at a pocket-friendly price. The WordPress platform also offers various themes and page builder add-ons to simplify your work.
Here are a few pointers to create an excellent website that creates a memorable impression:
- Site owners should use their name as the website’s domain name: This will help increase memorability and brand exposure—if you’re facing challenges with the availability of domains, you can use domain name generators to simplify the process.
- Brainstorm website idea: Go through creative portfolios from industry leaders like Laura Bize and Slava Kirilenko.
- Have contact forms: Let people contact you easily—remember to put your business’ email address and social media buttons on your portfolio website.
5. Product Review Site
This website concept can become a lucrative hustle for individuals who like playing around with devices or trying popular products. The aim is to tell customers about the quality of trending items.
Most bloggers use this site concept for affiliate marketing links promotion. You have to create a review website, identify a specific field of interest, and search products to review.
Once your site gains popularity, you can transform your brand into something bigger and better, even becoming an industry leader.
Alternatively, you can allow customers to post reviews on your website and earn income from advertisers.
6. Membership Website
These websites make profits by limiting the availability of exclusive products such as discount offers and tutorials. Most forums and blogs choose this model as an advertising technique to enhance their brand image.
You can use WPmembership add-ins to design a membership site without coding. Some popular choices include Restrict Content and Paid Memberships.
When searching for the leading membership add-ins for your site, keep the following in mind:
- Factor in the site’s supported payment methods: Making sure visitors can easily make transactions on your page will translate to more subscriptions.
- Choose the plugin that best fits your requirements and budget: Even though premium membership add-ins offer more advanced tools and more features, the free plug-ins provide reduced-risk investments as you start.
- Consider inclusions: Go with a Plugin that provides reliable support, integration with popular features, and dripping content tools.
7. e-Learning Website
Educators and professionals can use this web page concept to offer courses online. Most job seekers register for these online courses to boost their chances of getting a job.
Amateurs and hobbyists can also build eLearning websites for crafting and practical courses. Your audience will view your brand as a great educational source if you apply value to your courses.
You can use WordPress LMS to develop an online learning website. For instance, WooCommerce’s Sensei allows you to outline and monetize courses code-free. Other well-known WordPress LMS plugins are LearnDash, LearnPress, and LifterLMS.
A good learning management system (LMS) should offer:
- Payment gateways: Ensure it’s available in your target countries and supports the currencies.
- Course Builder: This allows you to design courses and bind files.
- Student management: Monitors student registrations, payments, and progress.
- Content dripping: Issues particular courses according to membership tiers or schedule dates.
8. Webpage Hosting Reseller
This website concept entails leasing and reselling part of server resources and storage space to other customers. Web Developers pursue this as a lucrative side hustle.
Web hosting reselling allows you to combine a custom website hosting option with your website development project. Simply put: you make extra cash while giving your clients additional services.
Most web organizations provide reseller hosting options at an affordable cost. For instance, Hostings4 pricing plans distribute as much as 150 cPanel programs with unlimited disk space and bandwidth at $27.95 per month.
9. eCommerce Platform
Setting up an eCommerce website is among the popular methods of making money online. Operating like a regular store, eCommerce stores offer space for selling products. The profits generated depend on how many sales a retailer makes.
Luckily, most eCommerce platforms such as Zyro, Magneto, Shopify, and Woocommerce provide a simple way to establish an eCommerce store. Additionally, these sites have the tools their customers require to ensure optimum user experience and high conversion rates, making them ideal for entrepreneurs with little or no tech expertise.
The only thing you need to choose is how to promote your business and which products to sell.
If you wish to become an online retailer, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Stick to one niche: Like blogs, selling and marketing are easier once you’ve established a niche. Additionally, doing this will create chances for upselling.
- Embrace online advertising: Don’t be afraid of exploring diverse eCommerce marketing approaches like email and social media marketing.
- Research eCommerce sites: Each eCommerce website has contrasting features, payment gateways, and business tools.
10. Fitness Website
You can create a fitness site to monetize your fitness skills. Some of the content to publish include diet tips, exercise equipment review, and workout video tutorials.
These sites generate income through consultation fees and sponsorship. Begin by building a solid audience base, then launch a product store to grow your fitness business. You can also market your supplements—check out Blissed, one of the best fitness websites for inspiration.
You should decide on the specific content you want to publish then create a site that reflects your goals. For example, you should include a booking system on your site if you’re providing coaching services. WordPress is the best option since it has different booking plugins.
If your only goal is to market your fitness studio, build a basic fitness site using a website maker. Several website builders provide stylish fitness gym templates.
11. Nutrition Website
Most people usually seek nutrition and health tips to lead a healthy lifestyle. Creating a nutrition website is a good business idea. You can make money through ads as your visitor numbers increase.
You can publish content like healthy recipes, metabolic disease, alternative medicine, and food safety discussions. Create podcasts with every episode focusing on a particular topic. You can also start blogging to convey your content in writing.
Be careful with the content you publish on a nutrition site, and make sure your tips promote healthy living. Research extensively to avoid issuing misleading information that may harm your audience.
You can get inspiration from Nutrition and You, Examine.com, and Livestrong websites.
12. Affiliate Blog
These are among the most common types of websites, and they can be useful in creating a popular, niche brand. It’s not only an income source but an excellent creative outlet.
You can earn money through your blog via affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, paid subscriptions, or ads.
Affiliate marketing refers to a business structure wherein affiliates earn commissions through promoting a vendor’s products or services. Affiliates develop targeted ads to generate traffic on their links.
An affiliate’s money directly correlates to how much traffic originates from their site and the purchases made.
Examples of the top affiliate marketing programs include Amazon,eBay, and the Fiverr affiliates programs. Additionally, some sites link individual affiliates with merchants. These include CJ Affiliate, FlexOffers, and ShareASale.
The affiliate blogging workflow is the same as starting an individual blog. It’s easy, even for beginners. First, start by making posts advertising the target services or products and ensuring that users can access your affiliate link.
To hasten your blog’s development, keep in mind the following:
- Use proper Search Engine Optimization practices: Using SERP to get high rankings will enhance your blog’s exposure, resulting in higher conversion rates.
- Stick to one niche: Advertising products that interest your audience helps generate more traffic resulting in high conversion rates.
- Research affiliate programs: Factor in commission rates, availability, and niches before deciding which program is best for you. Some sites and networks have membership charges and minimum sale goals; hence aren’t suitable for beginners.
- Have a blogging schedule: Publishing blog posts regularly will help build your audience base.
13. Online Forum
A forum links people with the same interests. Businesses include online forums in their websites to encourage client interaction and educate people on various products.
Forums generate revenue via affiliate marketing and Google AdSense. Some businesses only add forums to their sites to respond to clients’ inquiries and establish a solid audience base.
You can use software tools to make a forum with ease. Forum features include moderation tools, text editors, etc.
The most well-known forums globally include Stack Overflow, Reddit, and Quora.
14. Service Website
This site is ideal for companies and freelancers who don’t sell products but offer services instead. For instance, web hosting platforms are service websites since they sell hosting services.
Service websites promote content production, web maintenance, and marketing consultation. These sites convey your services, contact details, and payment plans.
Freelancers can add a portfolio segment to their service website to display their credibility and skills. These websites are good marketing tools to increase conversion rates and brand awareness.
Ensure you design an appealing landing page — write detailed copy to allure prospective clients. You can make SEO-friendly copy using content generators if a copywriter’s services are too expensive for you.
15. Events Website
Building an events site is an excellent marketing strategy since a large income portion relies on visitors’ influx. Publishing an event’s details online boosts its conversion rates and exposure.
Event websites promote upcoming events, distribute marketing material, and support registrations. This website is a good source of revenue; the common events monetization methods are merchandise sales and sponsorships.
Nissan, Pavilion, Yokohama, Life in Vogue, and Coachella are some of the well-established event websites to get inspiration from.
Remember to do the following things when creating an events website:
- Choose the appropriate website template that reflects the brand’s colors or coordinates with the event’s niche.
- Put up a calendar to improve your visitor’s experience — you can build your site on WordPress since it has calendar plugins with booking abilities.
- If your website has a product store or offers online event ticketing, don’t forget to provide payment options.
16. Property Buy/Rent Website
This idea will never be outdated. People who own or manage property like land, hostels, offices, and houses for sale or rent can record them on your property website. People looking for these properties can then visit your website to find a suitable one to acquire.
You’ll generate income by getting a commission on each client you deliver or a subscription fee for the online advertisements. Additionally, agents/managers can pay for ads to enable their property to emerge on top searches.
17. Food Blog
Everybody loves food because it’s a fundamental energy source for all living things. It’s not unique since most people know basic cooking. Some people just cook, while others are passionate about it. Food blogs, such as CoookingBeFun, Our Family Lifestyle, and other websites are great opportunities.
People love home-cooked food. With experimentation and creativity, you can improve your food quality. These blog ideas are ideal for people who like trying new recipes.
These websites give you the platform to share your special recipes from your kitchen and expose you to opportunities to become a cooking expert. On top of it all, you’ll make money when people buy your online cooking courses.
You can build your food webpage on WordPress, which has several plugins and food themes to help you design a stylish site. WordPress plugins are also SEO friendly.
It’s important to note that food recipes have long introductory paragraphs, enhancing search engine traffic. Well-written recipe introductions attract more people. As your traffic increases, you can generate revenue by integrating your food blog with Google Adsense.
You can make your site more captivating in Search Engine Research Pages (SERPs) by using proper schema markup and plugins to include ratings and user reviews in your recipes. Additionally, you can incorporate a community space on your site where people can share recipes and other ideas to improve audience engagement.
18. Travel Website
Adventure or travel websites are perfect for those who love traveling. This website concept will help you make money while engaging in a fun activity. You can generate income by reviewing touring spots and posting travel tips.
Most travel bloggers generate revenue through affiliate programs, sponsorships, promoting tour packages, and travel kits. Travel agencies and hotels may sponsor your trips if you have a successful blog.
You can use the cash you make from a travel website to sponsor your subsequent trips.
Ensure you select a niche before you start blogging. For instance, you can major in glamping or food tours and cover various food types you discover during your trips.
You should also invest in quality writing tools and cameras to boost your content’s value. Additionally, you can use digital platforms for marketing your blog and attracting more traffic.
19. Fashion Website
You can create a fashion website even if you are not a fashion designer. Fashion enthusiasts and models use these sites to share styling expertise, carry out online boutique businesses, and exhibit modeling portfolios.
Since this website heavily relies on trends, ensure you monitor your site traffic regularly. You can get better insight into your website’s performance using Google Analytics. You’ll also know how users respond to every product sold or article posted.
Some well-known fashion blogs include Duc DuBois and Hello Fashion.
20. Selling Websites
This is a popular exit plan for individuals who want to pursue new business opportunities or who’ve lost interest in their websites. Although website prices vary depending on the type of site, it’s better to sell your site than abandon it.
Marketplaces value sites based on the revenue it generates, traffic, and their type—sites with a stable income flow go for a higher price than those depending on traffic to generate revenue.
Ensure that you sell the websites on credible marketplaces like Empire Flippers and Flippa, or hire a broker.
Building and running a website can be challenging. You have to deliver quality content to realize a significant return. If your website doesn’t bring instant results, you’ll earn more money once you acquire a solid audience base. Try these website ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the most lucrative website type?
The most profitable websites are blogs, with most having unique content published every time. Some blogs post content hourly or daily. Advertisers pay to display ads on blogs through Google AdSense.
2. How much can I make from a website?
Generally, you can make good money if your website has quality content that attracts lots of traffic. You can earn over $5,000 every month if you have a well-established website. Average websites can generate a revenue of anywhere from less than $500 to over $2,000 every month.
3. Do I get paid if people visit my website?
Yes, you get paid depending on your website visitors influx. It is normally quoted as a dollar amount per a thousand impressions or CPM; for instance, $5 CPM. In this case, one hundred thousand visitors in a month translates into $500.
4. Can I earn from Google sites?
Yes, publishers can generate income from their online content through Google AdSense. It matches ads to your website based on your visitors and content. Advertisers who want to market their products and services create and pay for the ads.
5. Do websites generate income per click?
Yes, you get paid every time a visitor clicks on the ads. You can earn approximately $0.5-$5 per click. Your website can even generate hundreds or thousands of dollars every month if it has high traffic.